Students from any background are encouraged to enroll in ATPBR’s internship program. The purpose of the internship program is to integrate classroom knowledge with real-world learning experience, gain valuable work experience and develop a network of industrial contacts.
The internship program is designed to assist students to understand various facts essential for agri-business and avail practical experience that provide opportunity to demonstrate their abilities in changing business environment.
Students are encouraged to independently locate an acceptable location for the internship. Assistance will be provided online/telephonic to execute the task.
Advantage of doing internship
- Get the practical knowledge of advanced technology used in agriculture/ plant breeding under expert’s supervision at established enterprise
- Host organization may absorb the candidates post training
- Best utilization of your time
- Get the certificate post internship which add value to your future employment
- Opportunity for networking
- Student will be involved in designing a real business program, check the ground reality and understand the challenges while implementing the program
- Students will attend a orientation program prior to the internship
- Student will receive regular counseling and evaluation
- Student will provide weekly report to the assign person/supervisor
- At the end of the internship, students will ask to produce a report and presentation to reflect your learning and recommendations.
Terms and condition
- The student, the supervisor (employer) and the student’s internship coordinator must sign the agreement.
- Interns are to perform daily tasks as required by the employer. A daily report of activities should be completed and then summarized on the weekly report. Both the daily reports and weekly report summary are to be submitted to the internship coordinator each week either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the intern’s responsibility to:
- Effectively perform all duties and responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Avoid discussing or criticizing the employer, supervisor or company.
- Report to work on time, be neat in appearance and be courteous at all times.
- Request in-advance permission from the employer for time off
- Complete all assignments as specified by the deadline sheet, provide the employer with all the necessary information.
- Learn as much as possible.
- Work and train according to project and task needs rather than by hourly requirements.
Students from any domain of agriculture/science are encouraged to participate in this program. If you are diligent, highly motivated and wish to utilize your time wisely, send your CV/resume to ATPBR for the enrolment in the internship program.
At the end of the program, intern need to submit a report (type in Times New Roman, 12pt, Font: double spaced, 1”margin).
At the end of the internship, candidate will receive a certificate for completion of his training along with certificate of performance.
Topics / Titles
Internship is the opportunity for students to connect their theoretical background with practical experience. There is a fee to enroll in the technical internship but no fee for non-technical or survey based internship.
Herewith, few topics for the internship are enlisted below:
Technical internship (chargeable)
- Commercial training in conventional plant breeding
- Advanced training in tissue culture
- Evaluation of medicinal plant for their valuable flevonoids
- Molecular techniques used in plant breeding
- Protein extraction, evaluation and characterization
Survey based internship
- Farmer’s interest toward technology
- Indian Seed industry and its preparedness toward embracement of technology
- How to double farmer’s income: industrial, governmental and farmer’s opinion
- Establish a seed company in Indian market: discuss opportunity and challenges
- Current status of technology in Indian seed domain (SAU, Industries)
- Current status of technology in Indian farming
- Use of pesticide: evaluate the deviation between recommendation and real application
- Seed industries, their annual turnover, crop specialization and market penetration
- Indian seed value chain: analyze the gap between demand and supply
- Agriculture universities (Public/private) in India, and their employability scenario
- Agriculture universities worldwide and their employability status
- Food production trend in India: after independence till today
- Food production trend worldwide: after world war II till today
- Agriculture policies in India, their amendment and implementation at present
- Women in Indian Agriculture (public/private/farming)